Abbott BurstDR™ Patient Brochure
Abbott BurstDR™ Patient: Suggested illustration update for the Abbott BurstDR patient brochure.
Year : 2020
How BurstDR™ Stimulation Works :
When you feel chronic pain, it is because your nerves are sending pain signals to your brain. BurstDR™ stimulation works to reduce pain by altering the pain signals as they travel to the brain.
- Pain signals travel up the spinal cord to the brain.
- A generator, similar to a cardiac pacemaker, sends BurstDR stimulation pulses to a thin wire called a lead.
- The lead delivers these pulses to nerves along the spinal cord.
- The pulses modify the pain signals as they travel to different parts of the brain.
- The pulses change the way your body perceives pain — providing potential relief from the physical pain as well as the suffering associated with pain.
Text and original image copyright Abbott